What you should get
How to do it
If you are on the internet, presumably you are if you are reading this,
then it is just a matter of having a credit card and about five minutes.
I learned about this when setting up a message board for my old
school. One of our old boys, Tom Robinson, immediately set up a web
to point at it. (It has long since been changed to something else and if you are wondering, leaning on the Esse in the
kitchen was where we did a lot of our chatting.)
I was flabbergasted that he did it so quickly and so cheaply - £7.50
You too can do it and what you get is
- a free web holding page into which you put your contact details
and some other information until you make your own pages. Here is an
I did in five minutes.
- free email forwarding to up to 100 different addresses so if you
set up a site called mysite.co.uk then emails to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
can be sent to "jimmyathome@myfreeisp"
and emails to "email@example.com"
can be sent to "sallyattheoffice@myfreeisp"
- free web forwarding so that you advertise "www.mysite.co.uk"
and visitors get automatically sent to "www.jimmyathome.homepages.somecomplicatedaddress.myfreeisp"
without anyone being able to see it happening.
- free catchall email forwarding so that emails to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
can be sent to any email address of your choice.
- you can register .co.uk, .com, .org, .org.uk, .net, .uk.com
and all the forthcoming new types of address
- much, much more...
How to do it? You set all these things up yourself using a simple and easy to
understand web page control panel and can change them at any time. Visit www.123-reg.co.uk
and do it straight away!